At PyMC Labs, we are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal data is handled in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What personal data we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data:
- Name, email address, and other contact information you provide when you sign up for our newsletter or contact us through our website
- Information you provide when you apply for a job or research position with our group
- Website usage information collected through cookies and similar technologies
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information about our research, events, and services, including our newsletter
- To process your job or research application
- To analyze website usage and improve our website
Legal basis for processing your personal data
We will only process your personal data when we have a legal basis for doing so, which may include:
- Your consent to the processing
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
- Processing necessary for the legitimate interests of our research group, such as improving our services and communicating with you about our research and events
Sharing your personal data
We may share your personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With service providers who assist us in providing our services, such as email newsletter providers and website analytics providers
- With our research collaborators and partners, where necessary for the conduct of joint research projects
- With government authorities or law enforcement agencies where required by law
International transfers of personal data
Your personal data may be transferred to and processed in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data, such as by using standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
Retention of personal data
We will retain your personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to access your personal data and receive a copy of it
- The right to erasure of your personal data
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- The right to object to processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability, where applicable
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time, where processing is based on consent
To exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact details below.